Friends of Fast Friday

Monday, November 27, 2006

vo2 max testing available

If anyone is interested in having their vo2 max tested, I have worked out a deal at Stevenson Fitness with Andrew Gonzalez. $75 for a vo2 max test (includes your own mask and a free re-test after a month or two in order to chart progress). The benefits of having Andrew do it (aside from the low cost) is that you get to use your own bike to do the test on. In addition to learning your vo2 max and maximum heart rate, the test will tell you where you burn the maximum amount of body fat (at what heart rate), your lactate threshold and the point where you stop burning body fat. This knowledge allows you to set up optimum training zones, which is useful for everyone, whether they are training to race or just riding to lose weight.

If anyone is interested in scheduling a test or has further questions, email me at anthonyaker@hotmail.com, or give me a call at 818-259-7978. I talked to Andy and he said Monday's and Tuesday's usually work best for him, but he has a somewhat flexible schedule. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Talk to you soon.


Anthony

p.s. Here are some articles about vo2 max and lactate threshold in case you don't know anything about it.

http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/8167.0.html

http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/8217.0.html

5 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Tin Man, at 9:53 AM  

  • I'm in! Just wish I had a heart...

    By Blogger Tin Man, at 9:56 AM  

  • Does this include the HGH and needles

    By Blogger PJ Mazziliano, at 1:27 PM  

  • pj,

    you will still have to get your dopping cocktail through dr. fuentes. If you are impatient and just can't wait for the overseas shipping, try giving BALCO a call. Better yet...road trip!!

    oh yeah, i lost that number and need a few things before the TT on sunday, so if you could get that to me asap, that would be great. right....

    By Blogger Anthony, at 4:01 PM  

  • I'm for anything that will help me lose weight..do I have to stop eating mass food? Regardless, I'm in.

    By Blogger Tod Turley, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home