Friends of Fast Friday

Monday, October 16, 2006

Italian's Dominate




Hello All,
We all had a great time at the beach. Big Johnny D. wrote the Following in an email.

Fellow Fast Fridayers, Fridayites, Fridayians?

Whatever. Today, the Mazzilianos domnated in the Hermosa Beach Triathlon. PJ took 2nd in the Thundertighs catagory (180-200lbs.) and Leah took 1st in Womens 18-24.

PJ had the fastest bike time in his Catagory showing how strong the Fast Friday riders really are. Leah had the fastest swim time at a blistering 9:12 and 3rd in the bike and run.

Those Mazilianos are a force to be reckoned with.

As for myself, my first attempt at this event I ended up 23nd out of 67 in the Men's 40-44. Those 40+ men are a tough bunch. The 2nd best time overall was a 42 year old who beat me by 13 minutes.

I started off bad by almost panicking as I hit the water. An open water swim is a scary thing I found out. I never quite got comfortable and was the 44th guy out of the water. My bike time was about 1 minute slower than PJ's and ranked 8th in my class. As for the run, I did a personal best at 23:11 for the 3 miles which was ranked 28th.

Overall it was a ge=reat experience, and even though during the swim I swore I would never do this again, After finishing, I can't wait to do it again. Although, I will stick to the sprint distances.

I want to thank Mike Tatum for all his generousity with advice and coaching. It made for a smooth event and the transitions went well.

PJ took some pictures and I am sure he will post a blog once he gets back home from San Diego.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support.

Todd, I am sorry for the e-mail, but I am not able to post a blog.

JOHN (Johnny D)

3 Comments:

  • Look at the guns on those two guys. I thought they were supposed to be cyclists. Great job guys. Moab was insane. Look for Todd to post a blog soon.....

    By Blogger Anthony, at 7:31 PM  

  • Awesome guys!

    By Blogger Tod Turley, at 9:47 PM  

  • You need to get that shirt that Leah has on, boys ! JD will look especially grand in the RED !

    By Blogger ctbarth, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home