Friends of Fast Friday

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Last weekend in the desert


Here is a picture of Chris and me last weekend after the Mt. Graham Hill climb. If you didn't hear, all of those hard Fast Friday rides were great prep because I got 1st in the cat 5's and 6th overall, setting a new cat 5 course record. Unfortunately, all those people from Arizona are a bunch of sore losers and wouldn't let me take home their polka dot jersey when they heard I was from California. I stole it long enough to get a quick picture though.





They didn't give me a medal for winning, nor did they recognize that I even won or set a new record. I feel that since I paid my entry fee just like everyone else, and am a licensed rider, I should have been eligible and recognized for my accomplishments. I didn't read anywhere that stated otherwise. I am going to write a letter to the USCF and the AZCF, but I was wondering if anybody had any advice as to what I should include in the letter and who I should send it to specifically. Has anyone ever delt with a matter like this before? Should I ask for my entry fee back if they are not going to do anything else (Like give me the dots!!)?

I would love any comments.

Hope to see everyone at Fast Friday again this week.

Anthony

p.s. It took me about 4 or 5 tries to get the FF dots and only one to get the AZ dots, so I think that says something about the quality of FF. Let the legend continue!!

1 Comments:

  • Nice going Ankles ! I would simply be content in the knowledge that you are improving. I would focus on the California level of competition. Of course there are no 20 mile hill climbing races out here. But what good are you out here if you can't win a sprint ?

    I say you need to eat more and suck on PJ's wheel for some meaningful victories. Then and only then will you be at ease with your conscience.

    And don't forget. There will always be GARY WOLFE waiting in the wings ! Tough neighborood , ehe ?

    By Blogger ctbarth, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home